Monday, June 27, 2005

What a weekend!

I made it to the market yesterday, but it was somewhat of a disappointment. It was soooooo slow. From what I gathered, none of the vendors did that well. At least it wasn't just me! But! I did sell a couple things, had several people ask if I was there every Saturday, and one woman seem like she's definitely going to buy a bag a bit later. I think it will help a lot when my website is totally finished.

Speaking of, I have the CD of fabric photos (all 198 of them in both big pics and thumbnails) ready to mail to Lindsay, my web designer, so that's one more thing out of the way. I decided to hire Just Two Girls to help with my product descriptions, so hopefully they'll be very yummy. I'm thinking about using osCommerce as my shopping cart when I get the online store thing going. Any comments about it?

I went to my neighbor's baby shower today and gave her the diaper bag I made for her. Everyone was amazed that I'd made it and several people asked if I had a store and/or a business card. Too bad my business cards won't be here until TUESDAY! Curses! I'm hoping if I give Jen a bunch, she'll give them to those people and to anyone who shows even the remotest bit of interest in her bag! I'll have to get over there tomorrow to takes some pictures, which I forgot to do today.

Speaking of pictures, I'll have to take some of the four new diaper bag sets I made over this past week. I think they're pretty cute, if I do say so myself. I had major issues with the interfacing of one of them, so that one's discounted pretty heavily ($30) and I changed the strap I use in the Mommy Bag after making the first one (it's now cotton webbing so it can double as a wristlet!), so that one's discounted $5, but other than that, I'm very happy with them!

Okay, time for bed. It's an early night for me as Stephen has to be at work a little early on Mondays. Boo for that. I can't wait until he quits his job...15 business days, not that I'm counting! Then I can spend more time on Mamie's!

My wishful thinking "To do list" for this week:

  • make 4 tinies
  • make 4 mediums
  • make 4 diaper bag sets
  • finish cowgirl diaper bag set (it's all cut out and interfaced)
  • make 2 shorts outfits

My wishful thinking "To do list" for next week:

  • make 2 medium pocket diapers for Eliza
  • make 5 hemp inserts for said diapers
  • make 2 fleece diaper covers (functional diaper covers, not decorative)
  • make 5 tinies
  • make 3 mediums
  • make 2 diaper bag sets
  • make 10 shorts outfits

There's absolutely no way on earth I'll get anywhere close to all of this done, but it's nice to dream!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home